Today we got stuck into a longer stop motion animation, finding an attractive looking loop in the original data set and drawing it out. Sharon looped through a couple of cycles of one part of the accelerometer log before moving to another interesting looking shape in the set, we’ll come back to this and finish it tomorrow.
While the batteries recharged on the DSLR camera we did two more experiments with the camera mounted charcoal contraption, this time drawing over the projection. These were quite extreme.
A couple of things came up in conversation about where to take things next, looking at a way of getting perspective back into both my visualisation and the drawing, doing a stop motion with both the projection and the drawing in shot and expanding the contraption with more bamboo. Watching Sharon work with the charcoal another thing I’d like to try and work into my code is some kind of charcoal dust particle effect.
Here are some more pictures of the day’s work.